Saturday, March 28, 2009

Bad Mommy

So, I had my first Bad Mommy moment on Thursday. I had just gotten home from work and Daddy had to rush out so I needed to go into the bedroom to get changed. Astraea didn't want to stay in the living room on her blanket or in her exersaucer so I took her with me and let her sit in the middle of our bed. BAD IDEA...She rolled herself right off the bed faster than I could ever believe it!! Of course, she was hysterical and so was I. Our bed is pretty tall about 2-21/2 feet probably and I think that she hit the side rail on the way down. Once I got her settled down a little I wanted to lay her back down and check her out to see if she had and bruises or bumps but she wasn't having it! She was so clingy, she just wouldn't let go of me. I was worried so I went ahead and put a call in to the pediatrician who told me to go ahead and take her into the ER. (of course it was just barely to late to make it to their office) So, we headed out to Children's. Luckily, we had an amazing experience there. Everyone was extra nice and they got us back in less than 10 minutes. Once they had a good look at her and assessed the situation they were able to reassure me that she was most likely fine. They did decide to keep us for 2 hours to watch her and make sure nothing changed. So, we just hung out and watched tv and played on the patient table.

It's funny how freaked out I was. I guess that the first time something like this happens it's just a wake up call. She is obviously too mobile now to sit on any surfaces! It seems like yesterday that she would stay right in the middle of our bed and barely move. Luckily, I was able to tell a bunch of my mom friends who reassured me that it won't be the last time it happens. (GREAT...) And, that it has happened to everyone. Believe me though, I will be a lot more careful from now on!

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand you freaking out, she is your baby after all! I'm glad everything is ok and hey, don't worry, by the time you have a second, it will require blood for you to run to the ER! :-)

    ReplyDelete